Magazines!

AKDL replied on 17/05/2024 17:00

Posted on 17/05/2024 17:00

My son has a membership, and so do my husband and I. So we should get 2 magazines.

Usually my sons arrives on time, ours weeks later.

His May one has just arrived and no sign of ours. We do the crossword, so only have a few days to do it but we are going away, so no time to scan and email.

The online chat lady told me it is Royal Mail - How can it be Royal Mail when we live at the same address, unless its the RM hub near their distributor, in which case the club needs to sort it out.

I told her that no other post goes astray, including magazines & memberships cards for other organisations, bank cards. Only CAMC magazines!

She has ordered my May one, but cut the chat when I asked her why it wasn't ordered automatically.

Does anyone know what the problem actually is? And why are the club not listening to its members, using just the RM excuse? 

Do I need to message them every single month to get my magazine?

AKDL replied on 17/05/2024 17:29

Posted on 17/05/2024 17:29

And I have read them all, the CAMC excuse is that it is Royal Mail.

How can CAMC stick with that line when in our family we have 2 due - one almost never arrives, the other is on time?

We have lived at same address since before we joined 25 yrs ago, we never had a problem until last 12 months. 

GEandGJE replied on 18/05/2024 19:26

Posted on 18/05/2024 19:26

Once the club has given the magazines to the Royal Mail how can it be responsible if Royal Mail doesn't deliver them. There have been many articles in the press recently reporting that RM are prioritising parcel post over business post.

nelliethehooker replied on 18/05/2024 19:45

Posted on 18/05/2024 19:26 by GEandGJE

Once the club has given the magazines to the Royal Mail how can it be responsible if Royal Mail doesn't deliver them. There have been many articles in the press recently reporting that RM are prioritising parcel post over business post.

Posted on 18/05/2024 19:45

But how can anyone be sure that the club has actually dispatched their copy to the RM for delivery?🤔  It's easy for them to blame a third party when the problem may lie closer to home.

GEandGJE replied on 19/05/2024 12:10

Posted on 18/05/2024 19:45 by nelliethehooker

But how can anyone be sure that the club has actually dispatched their copy to the RM for delivery?🤔  It's easy for them to blame a third party when the problem may lie closer to home.

Posted on 19/05/2024 12:10

I suppose it's also easier to post a conspiracy theory without any real evidence. Just my own personal opinion.

Cornersteady replied on 19/05/2024 12:17

Posted on 19/05/2024 12:17

Mine arrives on time, but I find it interesting that there are often posts about the magazine being not fit for purpose or a waste of money, useless articles,,, and how it goes straight into the recycling bin (often without it even being opened) and then threads like this and others when it does not arrive.

Very even handed I suppose.

DavidKlyne replied on 19/05/2024 13:19

Posted on 18/05/2024 19:45 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 19/05/2024 13:19

Does the Club actually despatch the magazine direct to members or is it done by a distribution company? If that is the case then all the Club would do is provide a database of members for it to be sent to and other than that not actually be involved in the handling of the magazine?

David

jandspea replied on 19/05/2024 15:17

Posted on 19/05/2024 15:17

I have also not received my May magazine, this is the third time this year it not arrived

Amesford replied on 19/05/2024 16:13

Posted on 19/05/2024 16:13

Our C&CC, RSGB Radcom and C&MC magazines recently all arrived about the same time but guess which two were June issues 

GEandGJE replied on 19/05/2024 16:26

Posted on 19/05/2024 16:26

I think that the club should be seriously reviewing the Royal Mail contract and start looking for an alternative distribution partner. There are lots of Business Post companies out there. Depending on cost Amazon Business would be my choice.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook